Do you want some simple truths about nutrition that can help you on your journey?
Here are 15 of them…
1. Calories always count. It’s the cost of food. And being in a calorie deficit is how we lose weight. Calories help you to lose weight or gain weight. Hormones help you burn fat.
2. Sugar is not toxic but you should refrain from taking it in large amounts. This is where processed foods can wreak havoc!
3. Having 3-4 quick and easy to make meals made from fresh ingredients can make the world of difference to your evening eating habits.
4. Restricting carbs entirely from your diet will eventually make you afraid of eating carbs. You need them for energy, performance and overall quality of life. Eat good quality carbs! Such as veggies & brown rice.
Watch this video if you need any more help with carbs: https://jbfitnessuk.com/do-i-need-to-quit-carbohydrates/
5. Carbs will only make you gain weight by overeating them.
6. All successful diets are just clever ways to remove calories from your diet.
7. To get lean & toned, you need to eat protein!
8. Your metabolism isn’t boosted by eating 5 meals a day. It gets boosted by adding muscle and being smart with your nutrition.
9. The less meals you eat during the day the better you’ll be able to control your nutrition – this has helped me loads.
10. You can lose weight, drop the gut and get lean by just cutting down on processed foods and alcohol and increasing your water! Yes, that includes the wine 🍷😜
11. You’re more productive and have BETTER brain power when you are in a fasted state.
12. We often eat out of mouth pleasure, boredom, habit or emotion. Not because of hunger.
13. The way to eat MORE veggies is to eat them FIRST.
14. Our kids are watching our eating habits. How we eat is eventually how they’ll eat.
15. The way to break free from dieting is to stop treating it like a religion. Everything works. It’s about finding what works for you and how you apply it that makes it effective!