What is The BEST way to get fit..?
Talk to 10 people and you’ll get 10 different opinions on the best way to get fit.
One will tell you to attend an aerobics class.
Another will swear by jogging.
Yet another will tell you that dance and biking worked for them.
The truth is that there are SO many ways to get fit but I do believe there is one way that gives you the most bang for your buck!
Now, before I delve into detail, too often thin is mistaken for fit, and that’s not what you should strive for.
When someone is thin, but has very little muscle tissue, they aren’t truly fit.
Here’s why thin doesn’t ALWAYS equal fit:
So what gives you the most bang for your buck?
It’s this simple: Resistance Training.
Resistance training is when resistance is used to challenge your muscles in order to gain strength and endurance.
You could do this with traditional weights, exercise bands, medicine balls, cable machines, sandbags, kettle bells or even just using your own body weight.
Consistent resistance training has the following side effects…
If that’s not enough to convince you that resistance training is the only way to truly become fit, then read on…
Top 9 Benefits to Resistance Training
1. To Build Muscle and Gain Strength: Don’t worry, ladies. This does NOT mean that you’re going to ‘bulk up’ or look too masculine. What will happen is that your arms, tummy and legs will become tighter, leaner and more defined.
2. To Lose Fat: When it comes to losing size, all that you want to see go is fat, not muscle. Strength training ensures that you maintain and grow those muscles and only lose fat.
3. To Build Strong Bones: The older we get, the more important our bone density is. A good strength training program is one of your best defenses when it comes to osteoporosis.
4. To Alleviate Anxiety, Stress and Depression: Sure, there are plenty of pills out there that claim to give these benefits, but you and I both know that strength training is more wholesome and effective way. And besides, who really wants pharmaceutical side effects?
5. To Sleep Better: Here’s another pill you can stop taking once you start strength training. Study after study have proven that strength training improves sleep.
6. To Improve Chronic Back Pain: If you are one of the millions across the globe who suffer from back pain then you’ll love the benefit of lowered pain.
7. To Improve Insulin Sensitivity: Today diabetes is a huge threat. Minimize your risk by improving insulin sensitivity through regular, challenging strength training.
8. To Improve Good to Bad Cholesterol Ratio: Here is yet another pill that you could potentially stop taking while on a strength training routine. Blood pressure and heart health are of utmost concern, so why not give yourself the advantage of a strength training routine?
9. To Raise your Metabolism: This helps to reduce body fat and to keep that body fat off, even on the days that you aren’t able to exercise. Pretty awesome, right?
A solid resistance training routine will tone your legs, lift your buns, strengthen your core, and will result in inches and pounds lost.
Coach JB & Team JB Fit UK – Your Personal Trainers In Highbury
PLUS: Whenever you’re ready… here are THREE ways I can help YOU with your health & fitness:
1. Check out our free workout guide:
If you need some extra support & motivation to get you through, we have a free guide for you here:
2. Join our 30 Day Challenge.
In short, we believe that we can help you to awesome results during the next 30 days and beyond – whilst helping you mentally through these crazy times.
Click the link below to find out more 🙂
3. Suffer from Cravings?
Download my 15+ page FREE PDF on this subject and I’ll show you how to eliminate cravings for good!