There used to be a time when very few adults included strength training in their fitness routine.
It was thought of as extreme, unnecessary, reserved for body builders and even dangerous.
So what is strength training?
Strength training is when resistance is used to challenge your muscles in order to gain strength and endurance.
If that’s not enough to convince you to include regular strength training in your fitness routine, then read on for 9 Benefits of Strength Training…
1. Strength Training Builds Muscles: Don’t worry, ladies. This does NOT mean that you’re going to ‘bulk up’ or look too masculine. What will happen is that your arms, tummy and legs will become tighter, defined and toned.
2. Strength Training Burns Fat: When it comes to losing size, all that you want to see disappear is fat, not muscle. Strength training ensures that you maintain and grow those muscles and only lose fat.
3. Strength Training Builds Strong Bones: The older we get, the more important our bone density is. A good strength training programme is one of your best defences against osteoporosis.
4. Strength Training Alleviates Anxiety, Stress and Depression: Sure, there are plenty of pills out there that claim to give these benefits, but you and I both know that strength training is more wholesome and effective way. And besides, who really wants pharmaceutical side effects?
5. Strength Training Promotes Better Sleep: Here’s another pill you can stop taking once you start strength training. Study after study have proven that strength training improves sleep.
6. Strength Training Can Relieve Chronic Back Pain: If you are one of the millions across the globe who suffer from back pain then you’ll love the benefit of reduced pain.
7. Strength Training Contributes to Insulin Sensitivity: Today diabetes is a huge threat. Minimise your risk by improving insulin sensitivity through regular, challenging strength training.
8. Strength Training Improves Good to Bad Cholesterol Ratio: Here is yet another pill that you could potentially stop taking while on a strength training routine. Blood pressure and heart health are of utmost concern, so why not give yourself the advantage of a strength training routine?
9. Strength Training Raises Metabolism: By increasing your the muscle in your body, this helps to reduce body fat and to keep that body fat off, even on the days that you aren’t able to exercise. Pretty awesome, right?
(Please check out our video about metabolism here)
A solid strength training routine will tone your legs, lift your buns, strengthen your core, and will result in inches and pounds lost = increased confidence!
You’ve seen all the benefits of strength training so if you’re not already doing it, give it a go and see how amazing it will make you feel.
To your success,
Coach JB & Team JB Fit UK – Your Personal Trainers in Highbury Helping You to become Fit, Toned & Confident